Are you thinking of buying a home, but just haven’t taken the first step? Now is a great time to buy a home. By following the below tips, you can be on well on your way to that perfect home to call your own.
- Contact a REALTOR® as Soon as Possible. Having a REALTOR® to help you while house hunting is extremely important. When you find the house of your dreams, you want to be ready to move quickly.
- Establish Your Needs and Wants. It is always a great idea to make a list of your features you absolutely need in your new home, the features you want in your new home, and the ones that would be nice but are not required. This will help you weed out homes and give your agent a guide as they go on the hunt for “the one.”
- Set Up A Home Search. In order to buy a home, you need to find a home. Your agent will find properties and make suggestions, and you can search online via multiple platforms, but for the most accurate and up-to-date listings, have your REALTOR® set up some automatic feeds that will send you a list of properties meeting your criteria daily, weekly, bi-weekly or however often you want to receive them.
- Determine Your Financing Options. It is a must to go through the pre-approval process when starting your home search. This will not only give you an idea of how much home you can afford and be approved for, but it will also allow you to make an immediate offer on a home you want. Your REALTOR® can put you in touch with qualified mortgage providers if you need assistance.
- Stay Positive and Get Excited! Be prepared to work side-by-side with your agent as you search for your new home. Buying a home can be a stressful process, but your REALTOR® will guide you through and help you meet your home ownership goals. Imagine all you will do in your new home and GET EXCITED for perhaps the biggest purchase you will ever make.